So you have made the decision to take the first steps of a life changing adventure?
We can promise you now that you will not regret it!
If you have already contacted them, please download the this form and complete it ready for your first night of fun and adventure. Don’t worry if you don’t have a printer, just let the Group Leader know and they will have all the forms ready for you.
- Groups hold many different activities, sleepovers and camps throughout the year
- The program is specifically designed to develop each youth member and activities are aged based accordingly
- Chat to your Group Leader they can let you know all about the fun your child will have throughout the year
- Scout Groups run their programs around the school terms
- Groups encourage families to get involved and there are many things that you can do to support the Group
- Groups will welcome Leaders and other helpers and sometimes Sections require parent helpers on random occasions
- Chat to your Group Leader – they will be happy to chat about the different roles that are needed to keep the Group active
- Scouts Queensland is committed to providing quality programs and all Leaders undertake a Basic and Advanced training course as part of the National Training
- All Adult Members must complete mandatory Child Protection and WH & Safety modules
- Scouts Qld has a six week cooling off period after the full membership has been paid – If the new member decides to withdraw within six weeks of joining, Branch Support Office will credit/refund the money paid provided a written request for a refund is received within the next four weeks.
- Most investitures into the Group don’t happen until the six week period so uniforms are not needed to be purchased until this time as well
There is a cost to become a member of Scouts Queensland and one of our local Scout Groups. Our local Scout Groups charge an amount per school term, to help meet the local costs of delivering Scouting in the community. Please discuss the costs with the Group Leader as each groups fees are set by that group.
Overnight activities, some day trips, together with State, National, and International events are charged separately with the cost varying dependent on the activity.
Scouts Queensland is a FairPlay voucher activity provider. The Fair Play program provides vouchers valued at up to $150 for eligible children which can be used to contribute towards membership, registration, and participation fees.